Saturday, February 14, 2009

I am a-fixin to be the unproud, unhappy parent of one very unwelcome, excruciatingly painful, .........ya gotta read to the end!! The last time I was cursed with this I was 8 months pregnant with LaJeana and I was in the hospital for three days. This time I was on the road for a week before I could see a Dr. I left Monday going to Greensburg,Pa., the pain hit me like a ton of bricks that night and I swallowed Tylenol all night. Unloaded Tuesday morning then picked up a load in Pittsburgh Pa. going to Ochlocknee,Ga. to be delivered by Thursday morning. Cant sit still by now the pain is like someone squeezing my insides. More Tylenol and its not really working. Thursday morning I unload and pick up a another load in Colquitt, Ga. going to Louisville, Ky. I am on the road again but the pain has me in tears. I'm holding a trash can in my lap, throwing up as I'm driving. I Don't want to stop, I want to get home as fast as possible. By now its Friday morning, Ive had hot and cold chills and cannot even hold down water. The sight of food on the billboards makes me nauseous again. I haven't been able to eat or drink anything since Monday and I am beginning to get really weak. When I finally get to unload in Louisville, they get me half unloaded and go to a meeting so I have to sit there until the meeting is over, that took an extra 1/2 hour. By the time I drop my truck off at the shop and head home in my car I am just about wiped out with pain, fever,chills, and weakness, and good ole diarrhea too. I called my Dr. from the car and told her the symptoms and she got me right in. After x-rays , pee, and the normal stuff she said what I already knew. "You have a kidney stone, a kidney infection and a bladder infection". I begged for drugs and she listened. Man, those drugs are some powerful stuff too. I knew better than to take them until I got home since I live about 35 minutes away from the Dr's. office. When I got home it was about 4:30 pm. I went to sleep and didn't wake up until 10:00 the next day. I had weird crazy dreams but no pain. That's 2200 miles I don't ever want to have to live over again.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Wow, so sorry. You never let on about how you felt the two times I called you. You must have had a MISSSSSURIBLE week. Sickness always seems to feel worse when you're away from home. Must have been torture having to grind those gears and keep moving and alert when ALL you wanted to do was crash, not your truck, but into bed and sleep for a week.

Farm Girl said...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. E has had 2 stones since we've been married and it is not something ANYONE would want to have happen to them.

That would have been one loooong trip, feeling like that. So sorry for you, hope you are feeling better by now, love you lots.